Frequently Asked Questions
What do you need to bring?
For Atlas Trekking you need to prepare as you would for walking in any mountain region; it can be warm and sunny during the day but the weather in the mountains can quickly change from sunshine to snow and cold winds (autumn through late spring). Here is the equipment and clothing we suggest.
- Good walking boots and socks
- season sleeping bag
- Comfortable shoes/slippers for camp/guesthouse
- Walking stick
- Trekking pants
- Day sack/backpack
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers / rain-pants
- Headtorch / headlamp
- Basic First Aid Kit – refer to trip dossier for details
- Ice axe and crampons (winter)
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Fleece jacket or warm jumper
- Penknife (useful)
- Lightweight windproof/waterproof jacket
- Goggles (winter) and sunglasses (summer)
- Lightweight thermal or fleece gloves
- Personal items (e.g. towel, sunscreen, wipes, toilet tissues, antibacterial handwash)
- Small First Aid Kit including insect repellent, plasters, meds
- Small rubbish bag to carry out what you carry in
- Matches e.g. burn toilet paper
- Trail snacks
- Zip-Up bags for camera
- Repair kit (eg. needle, thread, duct tape)
What sort of Experience do your guides have?
All our guides are locals and all registered with Minister of tourisme , they are all certified by the only guide training center in Morocco which is Centre de Formation aux Metiers de Montagne, they all speak English, French, Spanish and German.
What is the duration of the Treks that Trek in Morocco organize?
- The duration of the trek always depends on the region and on your interest, treks can be as short as 1 day to as long as a month.
How difficult are your treks?
- Please see the grade indicated in our itinerary
What do you have to bring?
- Sleeping bags, walking boots (shoes), rain jackets, fleece, warm and light cloths, sun cream, sun glasses ,hats, camera, first aid kit, sleepers, head torch.
What is included in the price?
- Transfer from Marrakech at the start and transfer to Marrakech at the end of the trek (to be agreed during the reservation time).
- Accommodation on the trek. This is usually in tents, occasionally in Berber houses or a refuge (depending on the trek chosen and season).
- All meals on the trek. Meals are freshly prepared and cooked and are typical Moroccan dishes (tajine, soup, couscous) , tea and coffee included with all meals.
- The services of a qualified, experienced English or French spanish-speaking mountain guide.
- Mules, muleteers and cook. The mules carry your heavy luggage (a rucksack or holdall is recommended). You only need carry a day pack.
What is not included in the price?
- Accommodation in Marrakech.
- Travel insurance.
- Bottled or Mineral water during the trek.
- Ski equipment (Ski Touring), Crampons, Ice Axes,…
- Medical or accident insurance.
- Personal gear (sleeping bags, shoes, etc)
How do we book and pay?
Find the trek you are interested in then contact us via E-mail to discuss your trek and check availability. Once the details of your trek (duration, route and number of people) have been agreed, we will make a provisional booking, giving the dates and cost.
To confirm your booking we ask you to pay a deposit. This can be in Euros, pounds sterling or US dollars. The balance is paid in Morocco – again in Euros, sterling or dollars – at the beginning of the trek.
How do we pay the deposit or full payment?
Your deposit or full payment can be transfered to this bank account:
Mr Ahssine ait lahcen ou hmad
Agence : C.I.H
CODE BANQUE : 230
CODE VILLE : 450
Account Number : 5898564211010600
CLE RIB : 45
CODE SWIFT : CIH MMAMC
Bank adress: : Rue Bab agnaou, Kissariat Zrikm
RIB ( IBAN number) : 230 450 5898564 2110 106 00 45
You can also pay us by Western Union using the following details:
Full name : Ahssine Ait lahcen ouhmad
Douar Ait Souka , Imlil
Country : Morocco
You Can Pay also Via Paypal .
The full balance should be paid by cash either in MAD, Euros or sterlings, or can be paid via a bank transfer a week ahead before departure .
Do you arrange Accommodation in Marrakech and airport transfers?
- If you enquire about it we do arrange as we work with more then 15 Riads and hotels in Marrakech , Also Airport transfer can be arranged.
Do you pick us up from where we stay in Marrakech?
- All our driver know Marrakech and any where in Morocco like the back of their hands, so we can pick you up from where ever you stay.
What is the Accommodation during the trek?
- That depends on season, itinerary and clients interest, we use tents, local houses and mountain huts.
Can I change the trek?
- Yes the trek can be changed if you ask for that, or if the weather condition require the trekking route to be altered to ensure your safety.